Saturday, 10 March 2012
Best(a) Island for kitchen
Materials: Numer�r kitchen counter, small Besta shelves, Besta bottle rack, Capita stand, Vinna handles
- Always wanted to have a kitchen island that matches the overall kitchen style
- Needed more space for cooking books that were stored on window ledge (can be seen on the first picture background)
- Wanted to accommodate dustbin and waste-paper as well as empty glass bottles (can be seen on the left hand of the picture below)
- Needed more work space in order to cook with more people in a communicative way
- From the originally built in kitchen I had remaining from the Numer�r kitchen counter
- Bought at Ikea the following
o two small Besta shelves for 30� each
o four Capita stands for 16� total
o Besta bottle rack for 10�
o Vinna handles for 10� for towels
- Bought a flake board at the hardware store for 10�
- I started by building the Vinna handles on to the sideboards of the Besta shelves.
- I then finished the corpus of both Besta shelves and placed them back to back on the flake board
- Screwed the flake board on the Besta shelves
- Screwed the base of the Capita stands through the flake board and in to the Besta shelf corpus (for better stability)
- Screwed the Numer�r kitchen counter on top of the Besta shelf corpus
It was a one day project including shopping at Ikea. Material costs amounted to 100� roughly.
Books and bottles are now stored within one side / corpus and dustbin, waste-paper as well as glass bottles are stored within other side / corpus.
~ Neal, Hamburg, Germany