she writes, "i started with a ramberg chest with 3 drawers. picture 1 is the final result, picture 2 is opened hamper.
the idea was to gut the interior to make a presentable, large hamper. (picture 3 is interior, picture 4 is the back support for the lid)
none of the interior drawer parts were used. the extra parts are:
- some 1" by 1" boards to support the front sides
- a 1" by 2" by 34" board to support the hinge for the top
- a 1" by 2" by 34" board to support the hinge for the bottom front
- a slab of masonite to fill the bottom (the drawer parts were too narrow)
- and of course a 30" piano hinge
> how's this for a big capacity laundry bin?
> a neat and slim laundry hamper